KUCCPS (KENYA UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES CENTRAL PLACEMENT SERVICE)
The Placement Service has begun sending out text messages directly to the Candidates informing them of the programmes and institutions they have been placed to. The Candidates may also access the information by logging in to the online application portal. Here are tips to guide you as you prepare to join your new school.
What to do at this time
- Keep your id card ready, and if you have not picked yours, use this tracking method by checking ID Card status.
On your mobile phone ;
- Create a new message from your mobile phone
- Type the first 9 digit of your waiting Card
- Send to 2031
- Prepare enough money to take you through the process of admission , that includes; HELB , medical etc
Id card will be required when applying for HELB since you will be required a KRA Pin to open a bank account. For those who doesn’t have their I card ready will be required to wait until their id card is out.
Since the placement is now done use these guideline and it might be helpful.
- Check immediately the course and the school you qualify to join
- Google search the college or university you were placed in and Open the Google Map to get location and direction of the institution.
- Look up for their contacts especially for registrar or department of admission .
- During working days contact them and request to know how your admission documents will reach you. Some schools usually upload them on their website for you to download, where student is required to key in their KCSE INDEX number or admission number to download their admission letter .
Some colleges may use the email/postal address you registered at kuccps website during revision some schools may request you for the address so as to send it through poster or email . (that’s one reason why you should contact them)
If they use postal address, please request them to give you atleast the date of posting to avoid anxiety caused during waiting period. This will also save your time and finances, since you won’t keep on visiting Post offices.
What next after receiving your admission letter ?
It’s time to start the final process of admission where you should be ready to spend now.
In the admission documents there we have admission letter with admission number. That number is your identity in your new school and you will be required to quote it every time you communicate with your new school administration.
Since you have now secured an admission , it’s time to apply for HELB, as part of preparation to join your new school.
see how to apply for HELB loan 2020-07-18 15:41:18Post By: Sam Kim