HELB Loan or Higher Education Loan Board is a body that lend loans to students in Colleges and University. For diploma and certificates you should apply for Tivet loan and for medical students they have their loan called Afya Elimu Fund Loans.
To apply for HELB loan, you need to have with you the following ;
o ID Card
o KRA Pin
o Bank Account
o Parents ID Card/KRA pin if both alive
o In case of one parent alive prepare death certificate
o ID Cards for two guarantors
Now ready to apply for HELB? It is advisable to have someone to assist you in this since the helb is a loan given and it requires some accuracy .
A lot of students miss the loan due to small mistakes .
Columbus cyber has an online cyber café services that you can take advantage of and we will advise and assist you in applying . just use our contact form or whatsapp link for assistance.
When done with application , print 2 filled copies for further processing and attach these documents ,
o Pass Port Size Photo,
o KRA Pin Certificate ,
o KCSE Results,
o Admission Letter,
o ID Card if any,
o Parents and Guarantors ID Copy ,
Have the printed forms signed by;
oApplicant parent guardian
oPriest or Kadhi
oAdvocate signature and stamp
o Bank if you decide to drop it at HELB Offices
Drop points are currently ; HELB offices or huduma center
Contact us here
Before you begin your application process, there is a need to have these documents with you ;
- Applicant ID Card
- Applicant Birth Certificate
- Applicant KRA pin
- Applicant passport
- Parents ID Cards
- 2 Close family members ID’s Cards
- 1 none family member - recommender ID and email
Documents listed above will be scanned and attached during the online application, then the filled application form will be printed, signed by the applicant and recommender, thereafter it will be scanned and attached for online submission, then payment is done where charges vary with the category applied for.
If an online application is complete, it’s time to do manual or paperwork by submitting the necessary documents to the offices of immigration. (see the documents listed below)
At immigration offices, the applicant must appear in person for digital photo capture, where the applicant is issued with a receipt showing a tracking number that will be used when the passport is out.
Tracking and requesting your copy of your passport, you need to visit this website https://passport.posta.co.ke/ then insert your tracking number and search, a page will open asking you to fill in a small form there. All you need is to choose the nearest postal office of your choice for your passport delivery.
The delivery is charged according to the distance and location of your desirable post office.
During the submission you need the following:
- Applicants MUST appear in person for digital photo capture.
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three invoices.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card & copy.
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Recommenders ID card copy.
- Old passport for replacement plus copies of last three pages.
- Parents National ID cards copies of Death Certificate if deceased.
- For the Lost case, a Sworn affidavit and a police abstract are required
- For Lost cases and Mutilated cases, an explanation letter is required to explain the circumstances of the loss or mutilation
- Consent letter from Parent or Guardian
32 Pages Ordinary "A" Series
48 pages Ordinary "B" Series
64 Pages Ordinary "C" Series
Diplomatic passport (48 page)